Friday 15 June 2012

Schiaparelli Swim Fashions






A trip to New York to see the Schiaparelli exhibition at the The Metropolitan Museum of Art was a birthday present to myself this year. Schiaparelli was a big fan of the plastic zipper, and there were quite a few examples in the show, including one on a lovely metallized crepe day dress. I could hardly breathe whilst looking around, her clothes are so beautiful. Sadly I don't own any but I do have this 1950's sun dress. 

The name Schiaparelli Swim Fashions was registered in Pennsylvania in October 1954, two months before Schiaparelli closed her couture business in Paris. There were loads of licensed products around after that, including this one I guess.

And I heard there are plans to relaunch the Schiaparelli label next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment